The Samsung i7500 (known as the Samsung Galaxy) Android smartphone is poised to mark Samsung's first steps into the world of Android.
Scheduled for release across Europe in June 2009, the Samsung i7500 has already garnered a lot of attention from Android enthusiasts waiting on a handset that can match the hardware of the current smartphone climate.
The Samsung i7500 Android phone easily surpasses the hardware specs of the previous HTC G1, and HTC Magic phones.
Boasting an impressive 3.2-inch AMOLED touchscreen display, along with a 5 mega-pixel camera, large capacity 1500mAh battery, and the potential for up to 40GB of memory (8GB internal with support for upto 32GB sd card expansion).
Samsung I7500 Features:
- HSDPA 7.2Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps (900 / 1700/ 2100MHz)
- EDGE / GPRS (850/ 900/1800/1900)
- Display: 3.2" HVGA(320x480) AMOLED
- Camera: 5 MP Camera (Auto Focus), Power LED
- Video: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, WMV
- Audio: MP3, AAC, AAC+, e-AAC+, WMA, RA
- Features: Full Web Browser Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
- YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Android Market
- Connectivity: Bluetooth® 2.0, USB 2.0, WiFi, MicroUSB, 3.5mm ear jack
- Memory: Internal memory: 8GB
- External memory: Micro SD (Up to 32GB)
- Battery: 1500 mAh
- Size: 115 x 56 x 11.9mm
Like previous android phones, the Samsung i7500 arrives complete with all the expected Google apps and services including including Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Calendar, and Google Talk.